FA: Communications/Media Relations
Venue Broadcast Supervisor will be responsible for the management and support of the Host Broadcaster (HB) and Rights Holding Broadcasters (RHB) at the venue(s) at Games-Time.
Oversees management and support of HB and RHB on venue site and ensures smooth execution of HB and RHB positioning in venue for broadcast and post competition media placement. Serves as primary Invictus Games 2017 HB and RHB point of contact at the venue.
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Media Relations
- Act as the main point of contact for HB and RHB onsite at venue(s).
- Support HB and RHB needs during the competition as the main liaison to the venue team
- Provide daily reports for your venue to Invictus Games Toronto 2017 Broadcast team
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Press Operations
- Manage and enforce camera positions at venue for HB and RHB.
- Ensure HB and RHB access to broadcast placements on field of play and remote venue positions.
- Manage the HB and RHB in the “Flash Zone” on the field of play right after end of competition – ensure that they don’t interrupt any of the competition / competitors and clear the exit path promptly to ensure competitors can continue to iZone and medal ceremonies.
- Ensuring HB and RHB’s get their place in iZone for post competition interviews.
- Act as main point of contact on venue for Technical Producer from HB
- Manage Venue Radio and represent broadcast needs to venue team / venue communications centre (VCC) in a timely manner
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Project Management
- Act as IG2017 Broadcast Manager’s main point of contact for allocated venue(s) during Games-time
- Provide any issue updates / reporting regularly to Broadcast Manager and complete daily reports for your venue, delivered to Broadcast Manager
- Volunteer Summit – Training Session on August 27 (or September 20 if you cannot make 8/28).
- 1-2 venue team meetings / month (usually in the evening from 6:30-8:30pm in July, August, early Sept.)
- Venue Training Session on-site (TBC, date close to Games)
- Games-time availability from September 23-30 inclusive.
- Must get to/from venue(s) on your own.