Coordinator, Fleet, Logistics and Overlay
Reports to: Manager; Fleet, Logistics and Overlay
Number of Direct Reports
This position will liaise with the fleet vehicle provider, logistics provider and labour contractor and overlay contractors in the planning and delivery of games services operations.
Posting End Date: July 29, 2016
Invictus Games Toronto 2017 (IG2017) is seeking a Games Coordinator to assist with Fleet, Logistics, and Overlay operations. Evolving in step with our overall timelines, this role requires someone with the ability to complete tasks while managing changing priorities. The ideal candidate will be operationally focused, possessing a proven ability to gather and coordinate resources and information from all Functional areas within the Organizing Committee as well as external partners.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Vehicle Fleet Operations – Aid in the procurement and distribution of the IG2017 vehicle fleet. This will involve the collection and maintenance of required driver documentation, overseeing the distribution and collection of vehicles as well as the driver approval and review process.
• Pre games designation – Work closely with our vehicle provider to ensure compliance on all Fleet Policy and Procedures.
• Games time operations – Plan, procure and deliver the vehicle Fleet Depot which will service all dedicated client vehicles and T3 courtesy style service.
• Logistics – Aid in the planning, procurement and tracking, storage, distribution, and dissolution of all Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment required to deliver the games.
• Overlay Planning – Aid in the creation of the Overlay delivery plan including contractor selection, procurement schedules, block plans, and the creation of CAD drawings.
• Transportation/Logistics working group administration – Oversee and coordinate the schedule of deliverables and milestones for joint Transportation/Logistics Work groups, in line with the Organizing Committee’s project timelines.
• Workforce planning – Take the lead on all workforce planning and scheduling for Fleet, Logistics and Overlay required for the games delivery. This will include working with volunteers, contractors, and consultants.
• Role and responsibilities may evolve over time.
• Various stakeholders – Partners, Suppliers, Work Group Chairs
• A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field is considered an asset
• Valid G driver’s license from the Province of Ontario
• Must have experience in executing strategic and operational goals, exercise critical judgment when following processes and policies.
• Uses industry experience to deliver operating goals in support of project’s long term direction.
• 2+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery
• Requires previous Operations experience, working within a Multi-Sport Games or event.
• Proven ability to multi-task effectively and strong organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally interact with all organizational levels, internal and external.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven solutions oriented decision making ability.
• Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Strong problem solving and leadership skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy; high standards for quality.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, use discretion, diplomacy and tact.
• Team building skills and a strong desire to lead by example.
Invictus Games – Toronto 2017 is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the job position in the subject line of your email.