Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
The Manager, Brand & Broadcast will be responsible for championing the Invictus Games brand for the organizing committee with the general public, sponsors and partners including brand logos, advertising, signage, look of the Games, broadcast coverage of the Games. The Manager, Brand & Broadcast will manage service providers, as well as lead and mentor a volunteer work group and an advertising coordinator.
This role will help realize IG2017’s vision of “Transforming Empathy into Empowerment” by embedding the Invictus Games brand into the psyche of the Canadian population.
Key areas of leadership responsibility:
• Brand and logo development
• Creative services
• Look of the Games, branding and signage
• Broadcast coverage of the Games
Key Job Responsibilities
Brand and Logo Development
• Champion of the Invictus Games branding system and brand guidelines.
• Central repository and development of all branded assets including logos, videos and images.
• Responsible for internal and partner brand approvals and securing Marketing approvals from the Invictus Games foundation.
• Develops secondary marks consistent with brand standards.
• Manages and leverages capabilities of IG2017 branding agency (BT/A) to develop campaigns and materials.
• Leads weekly status meetings and projects with agency.
Look of the Games
• Develops and executes a dynamic and engaging branding program for Pre-Games and Games-time including:
• Signage, banners
• Collateral materials
• Field of play
• Video graphics
• Procures and manages look/wayfinding service provider and product categories.
• Communicates and enforces brand guidelines to stakeholders, sponsors and partners.
• Develops campaigns to achieve corporate objectives with existing media partners including Toronto Star, Bell Astral, Bell Media, Cineplex, ViaRail.
• Manages and activates marketing value-in-kind dedicated by partners to promoting the Games and the cause.
• Plans and executed media blocking chart.
• Provides leadership to advertising coordinator to book, create and ship creative with media partners.
• Manages host broadcast budget and leads broadcast function for IG2017.
• Procures and manages relationship with host broadcaster and domestic rights holders.
• Develops strong broadcast plan for live coverage, streaming and packaged recaps.
People and Function Management
• Creates a culture within Brand and Broadcast department consistent with IG2017 brand and core mission of transforming empathy into empowerment.
• Leadership and management of 1 coordinator, 1 intern and a leadership volunteer work group
• Manages multi-million dollar department budget and activities.
• Develops and delivers functional foundation plans for BRD function.
• All levels of staff and management within IG2017
• Interns and volunteers
• Broadcasters and technical production team
• Media partners and sponsors
• Look service provider
• Suppliers and vendors
• Relevant government agencies, departments, and ministries
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing preferred
• 5-10 years progressive experience in brand and broadcast environment
• Strong understanding of branding, advertising, media and nationally televised events
• Exceptional project and people management skills
• Ability to develop strategic and operational/tactical plans
• Prior games experience or large complex event expertise preferred
• Empathy for the cause of helping military families
• Superior interpersonal & communication skills, and strong client service orientation
• Adaptable and flexible approach; able to deal sensitively with tough issues and drive balanced outcomes
• Well-developed counseling skills- excellent listening skills
• Strong initiative, self-starter, influential; facilitator and driver of change; focused on goals and end results- can bring people along
• Genuine interest in, and empathy with people
• Diplomatic and discrete; personal maturity
• Strong ability to network- internally & externally
• Professional, dedicated & ethical
• Good sense of humor and strong team player
Invictus Games – Toronto 2017 is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the job position in the subject line of your email.