FA: Communications/Media Relations
Media Operations will be responsible for planning the services and facilities for the accredited media and photographers at Games-time.
Oversees management of Media on venue, ensures smooth operation of Media zones (I-Zones, photo positions, tribunes, VMW), escalation point for Media conflicts. Serves as primary media contact on venue.
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Venue Operations
- Overseeing the operation of all media services within the venue
- Scheduling & managing supervisors and volunteers
- Working directly with Venue Management
- Serving on the VM team to plan the working facilities for the media on venue
- Liaise with RH Broadcasters on site
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Press Operations
- Understanding the needs of working journalists, photographers and non-rights holding broadcasters and seeing that they are in place on venue.
- Building rapport with members of the media.
- Client/customer service approach to problem solving.
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Media Relations
- Anticipate needs of media to report on site.
- Be alert to any issues that could cause unfavourable media reporting.
- Work with Communications to develop any venue-related messaging as required