Reports To: Sport Manager
Sport Working Group volunteers consisting of skilled lead volunteers and possibly manage some external contractors.
The Sport Organizing Committee Chair (SOC) will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a specific sport program and all of its requirements for the Invictus Games – Toronto 2017 (IG2017).
This position will manage the relationships required with the Provincial Sport Organizations, and the appointed volunteer team leads within the Sport Work Group, manage the relationships and information flow with the Organizing Committee, and oversee the development and delivery of a particular sport for the Games.
This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide strategic and operational planning to volunteers and staff
• Support, preparation of documents, materials to assist leadership volunteers in the delivery of their job requirements
• Assist in development and monitoring of the financial budget for each sport
• Develop and foster key relationships with NSO/PSO’s, and other internal and external partners
• Deliver an appropriate field of play for a specific sport in the Games
• Develop scopes of work and other operational and business inputs to the service procurements in order to achieve value-for money outcomes
• Ensure participation by leadership volunteers in operational planning forums and venue teams to help integrate function issues and priorities
• Source and form relationships/agreements with required Technical Officials
Budget and Business Planning
• Work with Sport Manager to develop functional budget projections
• Track and monitor budgets
• Complete robust functional operational planning within the planning framework
• Ensure the development of required policies and procedures
• Develop presentations to internal and external partners
• Participate in the planning, recruitment, engagement and management of a highly skilled and motivated team which includes volunteers.
• Support the larger team, identify strategies and avenues to achieve desired results
• Ensure adequate standard of morale conducive to maintaining high levels of motivation for all volunteers and staff.
• All levels of staff and volunteers within IG2017
• Provincial Sport Organizations
• Venue Owners
• Security partners
• Proven ability to engage volunteers in the planning and delivery of a project
• Previous experience working within a multi-sport Games
• Demonstrated ability to professionally interact with all organizational levels, internal and external
• Experience bringing together various major stakeholders
• Must have proven decision making authority for long term strategies, exercise broad judgment when defining and selecting processes, policies and evaluation criteria
• Uses industry knowledge to establish operating goals in support of project’s long term direction
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery
• Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Sense of humour
Invictus Games – Toronto 2017 is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Estimated Start Date