FA: Venue Management
Plan and deliver operations that occur on venues.
The Venue General Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the venue team. The Venue General Manager ensures all operations on venue meet the standards established by IG2017 and that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to. The Venue General Manager is the final authority for decision making on venue and acts as the point of contact with the facility liaison.
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Venue Operations
- Lead venue team meetings: daily briefing and debriefing
- Complete venue walkthrough with venue owner/operator to confirm no issues (include H&S rep if available)
- Ensure Functional Area and Venue Management volunteers understand basic emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Make radio all-call to open/close venue doors
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Customer Service
- Ensure welcoming and safe environment for athletes, volunteers, and spectators
- Coordinate Event Services along with the Venue Event Services Supervisor
- Resolve conflicts
Key Skill/ Area of Experience: Volunteer Management/Human Resources
- Manage Volunteers and Team Leads